Canada Wide Resources
Canadian Accessibility Codes
BC Building Code
National Building Code
The National Building Code of Canada (NBC) 2010 addresses the design and construction of new buildings and the substantial renovation of existing buildings. It is available for purchase through NRC’s Virtual Store (printed and online formats).
Tactile Paving Definition
Accessible Housing Definition
Principles for effective wayfinding include:
- Create an identity at each location, different from all others.
- Use landmarks to provide orientation cues and memorable locations.
- Create well-structured paths.
- Create regions of differing visual character.
- Don’t give the user too many choices in navigation.